Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Its getting close

So I officially reached the uncomfortable stage of pregnancy. I'm 36 and a half weeks along. I'd say we're in the home stretch. 37 weeks is considered full term. It's getting much harder to get up and down and I wake up a few times a night to use the bathroom. My legs/ankles/face/everything is swollen with fluid and sometimes my hands and fingers go tingly. Feeling a lot of pressure on my pelvis. I think his head is down already. It's almost impossible to put on socks. Those of you not pregnant should appreciate being able to put on socks. Oh and shaving your legs easily.

Nesting has definitely kicked in. I've completely cleaned out the back guest bedroom and organized the closet. I organized my own closet and drawers. Aaron helped me go through the filing cabinet and throw out/shred old documents and started filing new important documents. Luke's bedroom is almost completely finished. I'm currently washing a bunch of his clothes and blankets. Check out all these blankets just for him! And that's not even all of them. He will be warm this winter :)



Corine took some maternity pictures of us September 5 so I was 35 weeks along in this picture. I love the balloon. Can't wait to share more.



I go to the doctor every week now for checkups. I'm not dilated as of last week. Tomorrow we have a growth scan to see how big Luke is since my belly is measuring almost 2 weeks ahead! My blood pressure has been high at the doctor, but lower at home, so hopefully I can get past these nerves and keep this last part of pregnancy healthy. It's really starting to sink in that we're going to have a newborn very soon and I can't help but freak out just a little bit. And Aaron just accepted a new job. A job much closer to home that happened to come at just the right moment. God was really looking out for us.
Luke, we love you and can't wait to finally hug you and kiss you and love on you. Forever and ever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment